Approved by Library Board March 17, 2017
While on the library premises, library users are expected to behave in a courteous and civil manner and to respect the library building, library staff and their fellow library users.
As such, library users are expected to refrain from the following:
- Engaging in any activity deemed illegal by federal, state or local statute
- Threatening, stalking, intimidating or harassing any staff member or patron
- Making noise to such a degree that it can reasonably be construed as disturbing by other patrons
- Running, fighting, wrestling, rough-housing or engaging in physical play
- Eating or drinking. Beverages in closed containers are permitted (No beverages or food items, closed or otherwise are permitted at the computers)
- Using a cell phone, pager or other mobile device in a way that disturbs others
- Using or being under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs
- Smoking, chewing or using tobacco products
- Spitting, littering or using any fire-producing device
- Entering the library without shirt, pants, shoes or otherwise unacceptable attire
- Blocking entry, aisles or traffic areas in any way
- Loitering on the premises, including sleeping
- Bringing skateboards into the library
- Bathing or shaving in public restrooms
- Engaging in any form of sexual activity or inappropriate affectionate displays
- Possessing a weapon or exhibiting any instrument in a threatening manner
- Bringing animals into the Library other than service animals or animals used in library programming
Those engaging in the above behaviors or ANY behavior that makes a staff member or patron feel uncomfortable or unsafe may be approached by a staff member about the behavior and asked to refrain there from. Any patron who repeatedly fails to follow or who refuses to follow these guidelines may be asked to leave the library or escorted from the premises by the police. Any patron asked to leave or who is escorted out may have his library privileges suspended or revoked and may be banned from the building.
These rules will be enforced at the discretion of the library director and Chippewa Falls Public Library Board of Trustees.