Curbside Pickup and Returns
The Chippewa Falls Public Library will continue to provide curbside services.
Pickup days and hours:
- Monday through Thursday*
- 10am to 6pm*
*These are subject to change.
Patrons will be notified by phone with dates to pick up materials.
To maintain social distancing, patrons will be asked to stay in their vehicle. Library staff will place the items in an open trunk to avoid direct contact.
At this time, our courier service is not running, so there will be no interlibrary loan. Materials for pickup will be limited to what’s in our local collection (see directions on the right).
Due to time and material constraints, patrons are asked to limit requests to 10 items per person and 20 items per household for each pickup.
The materials will be checked out to you and assigned a due date of July 1, 2020.
To pick up your materials:
- Please pull up to the designated area in front of the library.
- Please open your trunk and do not leave your vehicle. If you need to leave your vehicle to open the trunk, we will wait until you are in the vehicle to maintain social distancing.
- If you have a truck we will place them in the back and you can get them from there.
- Have your alias ready on an 8.5 x 11 piece of paper. It needs to be large enough to see from the lobby.
- Example: for a person named John Doe 715-723-1234
- first two letters of your last name – DO
- first two letters of your first name – JO
- last four of your telephone – 1234
- your alias would be DOJO1234
If you are unable to pick up your hold items at this time, please let us know if you would like to:
- cancel the item(s)
- wait until we reopen
- contact us at a later date to schedule a time
We can be reached at 715-723-1146, ext 2 or email: email@example.com
Patrons can return all materials at the book drop. The drop will be open weekly, from Thursday at 6pm through Sunday at 8am. These materials will be quarantined in the meeting room for the CDC-recommended 72-hour time frame.
Requesting Chippewa Falls Materials Online
Until regular delivery among libraries resumes, items available in Chippewa Falls local collection will be most readily available for curbside pickup.
Click the video below to play
Here’s the best way to find and request things to pick up from Chippewa Falls:
- Go to the MORE Catalog: more.lib.wi.us and log in
- Enter a search term (remember, “movies” and “books” are valid keyword search terms)
- Select the “Available Now” filter on the left side to expand it
- Select Chippewa Falls as the pickup library
- Search results will be limited to titles available and holdable at Chippewa Falls
- Tip: to exclude ebooks and audiobooks, open the “Titles I can…” filter and select “Borrow and take home”
- Select “Place a Hold” and verify your pickup library is Chippewa Falls
- Tip: Turn on “Active Filters” so subsequent searches retain limits
Chippewa Falls Public Library will remain closed until at least May 26 in compliance with the Wisconsin Department of Health Services “Safer at Home” emergency order.
Memorial Day through Labor Day
Monday and Thursday, 10am - 8pm
Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday 10am - 5:30pm
Saturday: 10am - 2pm