Homeschool- Getting Started
Some organizations that may help you get started:
- WPA: Families in Chippewa County that are transitioning to a Homeschool education may find additional guidance with the Wisconsin Parents Association Region 3 Reps, Barbara & David Duerkop. Phone Number (715) 334-3583 or (715) 334-3583.
- CHEA: Wisconsin Christian Home Educators Association is a non-profit (501c3) ministry dedicated to serving ALL home educators in the state of Wisconsin
- HSLDA: Home School Legal Defense Association is a nonprofit advocacy organization established to defend and advance the constitutional right of parents to direct the education of their children and to protect family freedoms.
- MACHE: Minnesota Association of Christian Home Educators is a statewide organization for parents who have chosen to home educate. MÂCHÉ serves Minnesota home educators year round, endeavoring to provide them with information and to act as an effective vehicle to facilitate and safeguard Christian home education opportunities in Minnesota. Many families in western WI have found this group to be an excellent additional resource.
Act 31 Resources for Teaching about Wisconsin’s Native Nations
Wisconsin First Nations – lesson plans, videos, and additional resources
Department of Public Instruction Tribal Nations of Wisconsin – links to websites of all our tribal nations
Chippewa Falls Public Library will have special hours at this time.
Hours for in-person services: appointment required
- Monday through Wednesday, 2-6pm
- (Wednesday 9am-10am for those with compromised immune systems)
- Thursday and Friday, 10am-2pm
- Saturday, 10am-1pm
- Monday through Wednesday, 10am to 2pm*
- Thursday, 2pm-6pm*
*These are subject to change.